Easter Day: no trains through Wye
Network Rail has planned engineering work taking place between Ashford International and Minster, via Canterbury West. Consequently the line through Wye will be closed all day on Sunday 12th April, Easter Day. Instead, replacement buses will run between Ashford International and Canterbury West (fast, and stopping at Wye, Chilham and Chartham). However, government advice is that:
...'you should only be travelling if you are a key worker or it is essential for you to do so. If you must travel, always practice social distancing.'
National Rail summary of the service disruptions affecting Wye:
- High Speed via Ashford: One train per hour will run between London St Pancras International and Ramsgate via Dover Priory. Customers to / from Canterbury West / Margate should change at Ashford International for a bus between Ashford International and Canterbury West, and for another bus between Canterbury West and Margate.
- Paddock Wood Line: London Charing Cross to Ramsgate services will run once per hour and will terminate at Ashford International.
- Maidstone East Line: Trains will between London Victoria and Canterbury West will only run between London Victoria and Canterbury West.
Replacement buses will also run on the following routes:
- Canterbury West and Ramsgate calling at all stations.
- Canterbury West and Margate calling at Ramsgate and Broadstairs only.
Posted: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 19:14 by Parish Admin