Working for Wye - past, present and future

Report faults online

  • Fault: Dangerous trip hazard near a busy road
  • Description: Broken paving stone, pavement on Wye Bridge
  • Location: Bridge Street, Wye, near the Tickled Trout pub

When you spot something, don't ignore it!

Please use the 'Report It' links below to report issues in Wye, or elsewhere in Ashford borough.

If you use the 'Report It' online system, you can track progress via the unique reference number.

If your reference looks like 2018/00123 track your report here

Or, if your reference looks like 1234567 track your report here

For roads, pavements and other highway faults - please see below

Highway faults

Medieval roads in Wye have no foundations. Picture of a collapsing cast iron road drain gully grid outside Wye Post Office. This common type of fault is a trip hazard and also dangerous for cyclists.

Wye's medieval roads lack foundations: tarmac is just laid on beaten earth. Trip hazards like this collapsing cast iron gully grate near Wye Post Office appear without warning.

Roads, pavements and other highway faults

Kent County Council (KCC) is responsible for maintaining roads and travel across Kent.

Please report a road or travel issue directly to KCC, or choose a link from the most common issues below:

KCC's online reporting system also enables you to track faults.

Highway emergencies

DO NOT use KCC's online reporting system if the problem may cause an accident.

Instead, call KCC immediately on 03000 418 181 between 09.00 and 17.00 Monday to Friday.

At all other times call 03000 419 191.

Strategic routes

Highways England is responsible for problems on motorways and major A roads.

In Kent, Highways England is responsible for the M2, M20, A2070 and A248. See a national map of Highways England strategic routes here


General enquiries 0300 123 5000

Gas leaks

If you can smell gas, or suspect a gas leak, or are worried about carbon monoxide escaping from a gas appliance, call the 24 hour National Gas Emergency Hotline: 0800 111 999, or via textphone (minicom) on 0800 371 787

If you smell gas or suspect a leak?

  • Do open windows and doors
  • Do turn off gas at the meter (unless it's located in the cellar or basement)
  • Do turn your gas appliances off
  • Do not smoke, light a match or use any kind of naked flame
  • Do not use light switches, doorbells or any electrical switches
  • Do not return to your home until you've been given the all clear

If you suspect there are high levels of carbon monoxide in your property:

  1. Open all doors and windows
  2. Move everyone into the fresh air
  3. Call the Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999

If someone has collapsed, or is displaying severe symptoms: Call 999.

Power cuts

Power cut? call 105 for support

Call 105 to report a power cut, or get information about power cuts.

You can also call 105 if you see damage to electricity power lines and substations that could put you, or someone else, in danger. If there's a serious immediate risk, you should call the emergency services too on 999.

105 is a free service, available to people in England, Scotland and Wales. You can call the number from most landlines and mobile phones.

A call to 105 will put you through to your local network operator. Use the postcode finder here to identify your network operator. This online tool will also tell you how you can contact your network operator via their website or social media. 105 has FAQs and further advice about what to do in a power cut.

You can also call UK Power Networks direct on 0800 316 3105 to report a power cut.

Check affected postcodes and the number of UK Power Networks customers affected by power cut incident, and the status of repairs on a live map.

Last updated: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 19:00