Accessibility Statement for Wye Parish Council
This accessibility statement applies to https://www.wyeparishcouncil.gov.uk.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We've also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability or impairment to help improve your access to digital technology. Microsoft and Apple provide advice for users of their operating systems.
How accessible this website is
Some parts of this website may not be fully accessible:
- some PDF documents may not be fully accessible to screen reader software
- maps may be difficult to navigate using a screen reader
- live video streams may not have embedded captions
How to request content in an accessible format
If you need information in a different format contact us and tell us:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your name and email address
- the format you need, for example, audio CD, braille, BSL or large print, accessible PDF
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We're always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we're not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us using the details at the bottom of this website.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the 'accessibility regulations'). If you're not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Wye Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content that is not accessible is outlined below.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
This website has some scanned PDF and Word documents archived e.g. the scans of our of the signed copies of statutory Annual Governance and Accountability Returns (AGARs). These formats may not be accessible to a screen reader. Scanned PDF documents do not comply with the Accessibility Regulations 2018, but these documents can be provided in an alternative format or on alternative media, on request.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
Third party products:
- We use Google maps. These may not be accessible to some people. We will always provide the information by alternative means on request.
- Live video streams may not have embedded captions.. At present live video is exempt from the accessibility regulations. The addition of captions is not required by legislation and the work involved would add a disproportionate cost burden.
The Accessibility Regulations 2018 do not require us to fix PDFs or other archive documents published before 23rd September 2018 if they're not essential to providing our services.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 3rd November 2020. It was last reviewed on 3rd November 2020.
We used the methodology described in "Website Accessibility Requirements" produced by the National Association of Local Councils NALC. This website was tested using the Microsoft Accessibility Insights for Web tool recommend in that publication.
2commune Limited last tested this website 3rd November 2020.